The pre-construction phase of a project is
the time when careful tracking of schedule, scope and cost is required
to remain on time and stay within budget. The time to establish a schedule
and baseline budget is at the very beginning of the process; then, as
design develops, it can be measured against the original schedule and
budget. This allows for real- time adjustments in design and scope to
stay within budget or informed decisions to make budget adjustments.
Controlling the procurement of construction services and managing the
project during construction are equally as important to the success
of a project. The following list highlights the services and controls
that are available to achieve those goals.
• Selection of appropriate services and delivery
system for your project.
• Schedule and coordination of pre-construction services.
• Site development cost comparisons during the site selection
• Feasibility study budgets and options.
• Schedule design and pre-construction services to meet construction
• Milestone budgets throughout the design process to track and
project scope and cost.
• Develop and integrate value engineering options as needed to
project goals in terms of space, program and budget.
• Construction document review.
• Develop suitable bid/contract packages.
• Provide bid package and bid requirement documentation
• Advise and assist in selection of bidders.
• Manage the project bid and selection process.
• Provide project oversight and management as owner’s
• Manage scope and cost changes.
• Project closeout.
Return to top of page
Copyright © Erickson
Consulting LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Site developed by Earthlogic.